Thursday, May 28, 2009
1. Open the 12 x 12 predesigned book you want to copy from and select the page
2. Open the 11 x 8.5 book you want to copy to and select the page
3. Unlock every element on the 12 x 12 predesigned page
4. Press the CTRL key and press A to select all elements
5. Right click on the mouse to get the menu and then left click on Copy
6. Go to your 11 x 8.5 book page and right click on the page, then left click on Paste you can also use CTRL C to copy and CTRL V to paste
7. Now resize all elements to fit the 11 x 8.5 page. You will now have a 11 x 8.5 predesigned page.
Watch the video to see how to copy the pages.
High quality picture and sound:
Low quality picture and sound, but downloads faster:
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
This a webinar presentation given May 20, 2009 on "Understanding Your Computer." and is 50 minutes long. It covers Memory Manager, Storybook Creator Plus and your computer. There is also a handout in the files section at the right on this blog, that can be downloaded.
Click on the link to watch the webinar.
High quality picture & sound:
Low quality picture & sound, but downloads faster:http://dc152.4shared.com/download/108045369/1fef0dbd/2009-05-20_1204_Understanding_Your_Computer.wmv
Please send any feedback you may have about the webinar. To firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, May 14, 2009
2. Use the tools tab and choose the Rectangle cutter. Cut the top just above the flower. Make two more copies and align them. Group all three and then flatten.
3. Copy the flattened image and past it. Rotate the copied image by right clicking and choose properties. Rotate it 90 degrees.
4. Flatten the two together. Use the Tools ribbon and choose the Rectangle cutter. Select Make a Square and cut the center out, erasing the outside edges.
5. Finished Page: You now have an overlay that can be filled with gradients, color or papers. You can use a layout like this page only filling in the corners with photos and the center with journaling.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Here are the steps if you do not want the link:
- Go to Control Panel ->Appearance and Personalization -> Fonts
- You will be taken to the System's fonts folder. Right click anywhere inside the folder and click add fonts. You will be given a pop-up box which will aid in installing new fonts.
- Using the Drop down menu at 'Drives" and NetWork", select the folder where you have kept the new font files.
- The font files may be in different formats like Type 1, True Type or OPen Type.
- If the folder you have selected has any font files in these formats, it will be listed under 'List of Fonts'
- You can preview each font style below by highlighting them. To install, just select the font files you want to install and click 'Install.'
- Make sure you have selected 'Copy Fonts to fonts folder,' so that you can manager all the font files easily.
A good place to get free fonts is http://www.dafont.com/
We have the new Memory Manager 3.0 which is a fantastic new program features.
And look at the new kits, they are so much fun and we could create a lot of great pages with them.